Ice cream Cheesecake
Ice cream Cheesecake is sweet and creamy with a signature cheesy base, and a strawberry sauce with buttery cracker crust twisted throughout. It is a delicious strawberry cheesecake slice wrapped in a big ice cream bowl.
This is a perfect dessert for a cheesecake lover. In the best possible way, this recipe is going to rock your world. It is a frozen treat and cheesecake ice cream is everything you needed.
The taste is similar to custard with signature sweetness and cheese tang that makes it so good. The fuss-free recipe is a simple and easy process with a hand full of ingredients.
It takes 15 minutes to prepare this yummy ice cream. It has a soft consistency however if harder ice cream is preferred then place in a freezer-safe jar and freeze for more than 2 hours.
This article is all about ice cream cheesecake and you will love it. So let’s start.
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice cream cake
During the summer season, the ice cream cake is perfect with swirls of cheesecake and crunchy pretzel crust, strawberry jam in the vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and fresh strawberries topping.
Components of cheesecake
The three main components to make a cheesecake are
- cream cheese mixture
Secrets to make cheesecake delicious and creamy
There are three secrets to make delicious and creamy cheesecake not icy.
- The ingredients required must be full-fat. Avoid no low-fat cream cheese or whipping cream. The high percentage of fat results in creamy cheesecake ice cream and low fat possesses lots of ice crystals.
- Whipping cream is whipped to stiff peaks. The step is very important and is done in a separate bowl and fold. The whipped cream should be chilled properly to whip to stiff peaks. This makes the ice cream refreshing and light.
- Cool it for almost 6 hours or it will melt easily.
Ingredients and Substitutes
- Cream cheese- use Philadelphia or Mascarpone is always used. Any cream cheese with more than 40% fat content can be used and works well.
- Sour cream- full-fat can be used and it adds a zeal zing. A homemade sour cream recipe can also be used.
- Cookie crust- graham crackers or digestive biscuits are commonly used for a cheesecake base. You can use cheesecake crust from scratch if you don’t have any cookies on hand.
Step by Step Instructions
- The graham crackers are pulsed in a food processor till it forms crumbs.
- Add some sugar but it is optional.
- Now add melted butter and pour it into the crumbs. Mix it well.
- Take an 8-9 inch springform cake pan and pour the crumbs.
- A glass or the back of a measuring cup is used to press the crumb to form a compact crust.
- For 15 minutes place the crust to set.
Preparation of cheesecake mixture
- The cream must be whipped to stiff peaks and place aside.
- Pick up another bowl, mix sour cream and cream cheese.
- Avoid formation of clumps.
- Add salt, vanilla, lemon juice, and powdered sugar.
- Mix well.
- Over the chilled cookie, crust pours the mixture.
- To help the mixture settle tap on the counter 2-3 times.
- For level the top well use a spatula.
Freeze the Cheesecake
- For a minimum of 6 hours freeze the cheesecake however, it is recommended to leave it for 12 hours or overnight.
- To loosen it from the pan run a hot knife around the cake.
- For cut, the perfect slices, use a knife dipped in hot water.
- The cheesecake ice cream can be served as it is and nothing else is needed.
- Garnish with swirls of whipped cream or fresh fruits.
- Sometimes it is served with a fruit filling like lemon curd, raspberry filling, or sauces like butterscotch or caramel.
Do you have to cook eggs for homemade ice cream?
In some recipes, you need to use and cook eggs however, in modified recipes all you require are
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
Cheesecake ice cream Recipe
The cheesecake ice cream is made in 6 hrs. 20 mins. with 6 hours freezing time. The basic no-bake cheesecake recipe is used and freezes. Like other ice creams that use condensed milk it only has cheesecake ingredients. It is decadent, rich yet refreshing and light.
- Graham crackers 8oz or 200g
- Brown sugar optional 2 tbsp.
- Butter 1 stick melted 4 oz. or 60 g
- Take a food processor and pulse the graham crackers till crumbs are formed
- Sugar is added though it is optional
- Melt the butter and mix it to the crumbs
- Mix well and pour the batter into an 8-9-inch springform cake pan.
- Glass or back of measuring cup is used to press the crumb to form a compact crust.
- For 15 minutes put the pan in the fridge to set it.
- The cream is whipped to stiff peaks and set it aside.
- Take another bowl, mix sour cream and cream cheese.
- Avoid formation of lumps.
- Add salt, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- The whipped cream is folded into cream cheese.
- Mix well.
- The mixture is poured on the chilled cookie crust.
- The counter is tapped 2-3 times to allow the mixture to settle down.
- A spatula is used to level the top.
Freeze the cheesecake
- Freeze the cheesecakes for 6 hours or recommended leaving it for 12 hours or overnight.
- A hot knife must be used around the cake to lose it from the pan.
- To get the perfect slices use a knife dipped in hot water.
- Garnish with whipped cream swirls or fresh fruit.
- Serve it with a fruit filling like lemon curd or raspberry filling.
The article is all about the perfect dessert for a cheesecake lover. In the best possible way, this recipe is going to rock your world. It is a frozen treat and cheesecake ice cream is everything you needed. It takes 15 minutes to prepare this yummy ice cream. The taste is similar to custard with signature sweetness and cheese tang that makes it so good.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes ice cream creamy?
Ice cream is made creamy by the addition of fat and dairy so sour cream, cream cheese, and milk all add a rich and nice creaminess.
Why is m homemade ice cream icy?
Ice cream is icy as large ice crystals forms when the mixture freezes. The reason can be too much water present in the mixture for an overly enhanced time.
How long will this cheesecake ice cream keep?
It has a storage life of three months in the fridge.
How far in advance can I make this cake?
It can be kept in the freezer for more than 3 months which means, you can make it in advance of the time.
Can I make this without a springform pan?
Yes, it can be made in a regular cake pan. The pan is lined with cling wrap and flip it out of the pan. A square or sheet pan is used with parchment paper is used that enhances above to easily pick the cake out.
Can I make this gluten-free cheesecake?
Yes, simply replace the graham crackers with gluten-free biscuits to make a gluten-free cheesecake ice cream.
What does cheesecake ice cream taste like?
It has a tangy and slightly sweet flavor that what you like in cheese ice cream. The sour cream mixed gives a nice taste and equalizes the sweetness in the crust.
Is cheesecake healthier than ice cream?
The cheesecake sets you back almost a thousand calories and it is an unhealthy slab of saturated fat and fat allowance of the day.
What is the unhealthiest dessert?
The 4 unhealthiest sweet treats to eat are:
- Carrot cake
- Molten lava cakes
- Banana split