The low-carb sugar-free ice cream is creamier and is very simple to make this keto ice cream recipe. The taste of the ice cream is similar to the original sugar-laden.
Are you an ice cream lover? I can enjoy it all year round and it is a great dessert. There would a little chance of people saying no to ice cream after dinner, mainly when the ice cream is garnished with chocolate.
It is difficult to find sugar-free ice creams in the marts as all the brands use sweeteners like maltitol which increases the blood sugar level or possess artificial ingredients which have a strange fake taste.
If you like and crave ice cream made without sugar-containing simple and real ingredients, then you have to make it by yourself.
This article is based on how to make a sugar-free ice cream recipe. Let’s start.
Sugar-free keto ice cream
The great news is, the taste of low-carb ice cream has an incredible taste and is made easily.
It is feasible to make no-churn great-tasting sugar-free ice cream. All you need is some patience as it requires some hours to cool and set-however, it is worthy to wait.
The results of the ice cream made in an ice-cream maker is smooth and creamy. A lot more is involved as constant stirring is required at constant intervals during the time of chilling to dissolve the ice crystals.
For quite some time I’ve been looking for sugar-free ice cream. It is a go-to-dessert when cutting down the intake of sugar and requires just 3 main ingredients and the best thing is there is no need for an ice cream maker.
No eggs and sugar are needed. The consistency is rich, super smooth, and creamy. It is customizable, sweet, and no flavor of coconut.
How do you make sugar-free ice cream?
- Heavy cream- also known as thickened cream or double cream.
- Coconut milk- full fat or canned milk. Chill the ice cream in the refrigerator the night before, hence the liquid and cream portion get separate.
- Sugar-free confectioners’ sugar- you can use allulose, as a substitute however, increase the mount.
- Vodka- it is an optional ingredient and makes the ice cream more creamy and scoop-able.
- Vanilla extract- it gives a light flavor of vanilla however, it is optional.
- Separate the cream and the liquid in the coconut milk cans and add in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the coconut cream until creamy and thick by using a hand mixer.
- Add heavy cream in a separate bowl and beat till the formation of soft peaks.
- Mix the vanilla extract and heavy cream is used.
- Mix the heavy cream and coconut cream till combined.
- Vodka must be added at the end if used.
- Take a loaf pan and transfer the ice cream and completely cover it by using plastic wrap.
- Place the pan for 2-3 hours in the freezer.
- Before serving, let the ice cream sit for 10 minutes.
How to make this sugar ice cream soft
The ice cream can be made soft for easier eating and scooping is by the addition of sugar or corn syrup to regular ice cream.
As no such ingredient is added to the recipe rather than making your ice cream soft before serving and by using an extra ice cream storage container the ice cream can also be set shallower.
Heavy cream or heavy whipping cream is used to make this ice cream.
Heavy cream has a higher ratio of fats and a lower ratio of carbohydrates and a great thing to make a thick and rich consistency of ice cream.
Tips to make the best homemade sugar-free ice cream
- Before making ice cream place your loaf in the freezer.
- It is optional to add vodka however, it makes scooping much easier and the taste is not alcoholic or any vodka taste.
- When the ice cream is directly removed from the freezer it is hard. Allow it to settle down for 10-15 minutes.
- Any flavor can be added to the recipe with the addition of a little extract.
- You can add some goodies like sugar-free chocolate chips, chopped-up sugar-free candy, or chopped nuts to the ice cream freely.
- Extra creamy sugar-free ice cream
- One more tip is to add MCT oil to make sugar-free ice cream creamier. This high-grade coconut oil is liquid even after cooling.
Is this a diabetic ice cream?
Every person has different sugar and carbohydrate needs. This ice cream is suitable for diabetics as it has no sugar in it.
This ice cream has its delicious taste. Below are some fun flavor variations that can be added.
- Chocolate chip
- Salted caramel
Storing and re-freezing no sugar vanilla ice cream
The ice cream should be covered completely and stored in the freezer. The ice cream will be affected by freezer burn if there are any open pockets.
Only one-time re-freezing is recommended, on the other hand, it will become icy. Place the ice cream into individual plastic tubs for smaller servings or many sealable containers.
Recipe 1- Sugar-free low carb ice cream (Vanilla Flavor)
The keto-ice cream is creamy and very simple. The taste is very delicious as the sugar-laden original.
It is a British dessert and has 330 kcal.
- Vanilla bean pods 2 or vanilla powder 2 tsp.
- Double/ heavy cream 2 cups/ 500 ml.
- Almond milk unsweetened 1 cup/ 250 ml
- Egg yolks 6 large at room temperature
- Low carb sweetener of choice or powdered erythritol ¾ cup/ 120 g
- Salt a pinch
- The canister of your ice cream maker is pre-frozen at least 2 hours before or overnight.
- The vanilla pods are split lengthwise with a sharp knife and remove the seeds.
- Take a saucepan and pour cream and almond milk. The vanilla seeds and scraped pods are added and boiled. As soon as the edges start bubbling turn off the flame and let it cool for half an hour. Mix continuously to avoid forming a skin. The vanilla pods are removed.
- In a mixing bowl, put the egg yolks. Add salt and erythritol and beat with an electric beater till pale color appear.
- Wisk slowly the eggs and cooled cream mixture with the help of a hand balloon whisk. Again pour back into your pan and heat slowly on low flame with constant stirring till it gets thick for 8-10 minutes. When bubbles start to appear remove from the heat pour and cover it and let it cool.
- Put in the fridge and cool for 2 hours at least.
- The ice cream can be stored for 1 month in the freezer. Before scooping let it stand for one hour at room temperature or microwave at 10-sec interval till it preferred texture.
- No heating is done if adding vanilla extract. Skip this step and mix vanilla extract and almond milk.
The article focused on the low carb sugar-free, creamier, and very simple sugar-free and keto ice cream recipe. The ice cream can be enjoyed all year round and is a great dessert. No eggs and sugar are needed. The consistency is rich, super smooth, and creamy. It is customizable, sweet, and no flavor of coconut.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is sugar-free ice cream good for you?
Sugar-free ice cream is probably not healthier in many cases. Large amounts of saturated fat are still present in many low-carb and no sugar products as they increase the amount of cholesterol and thus increasing the heart disease risk.
2. Is sugar-free ice cream good for weight loss?
Sugar alternatives can help in weight loss and lowering down calories. Rather than the long term, it seems to be true for the short term. Moreover, consumption of drinks and food with sugar alternatives to lose weight is not expected.
3. Is it OK to eat sugar-free ice cream?
Yes, consuming sugar-free ice cream causes symptoms like bloating or gas so, keep a check on your intake of such ice creams.