Easy and Quick Vegan Chicken Salad
What is Salad?
It is a dish comprising of food pieces in a mixture with one raw ingredient. It is dressed sometimes and served chilled or at room temperature.
The common ingredients of the salad are
- hard-boiled eggs
- celery etc.
Vegan Chicken Salad
It is easy summer and perfect fast meal and is made, including all food ingredients, oil and gluten-free, and tastes yummy. Excellent dish for potlucks as well.
It is made with ingredients like almonds, celery, tofu, raisins, and onions mixed with creamy vegan dressing.
The salad is an excellent option for wraps and sandwiches. This salad is enrisched with protein and fiber. You will love this quick, easy and healthy salad.
Whole Foods’ Vegan Chicken Salad
There are two different types of Vegan Chicken Salad available at Whole Foods
- One conatins soy “chicken” nuggets.
- The second one has tofu as base.
The second one is preferred as it has a nice crunch, more flavour and used in wraps and sandwiches.
- It is also very nutritious from a health point of view.
This article is based on vegan chicken salad, how to make it, and its various recipes. So stay with me.
How do you make Vegan Chicken Salad?
Let’s have a look at how to prepare vegan chicken salad. It is really easy and fast.
Vegan Chicken Salad Ingredients
The main ingredient is Seitan which is used as an alternate to chicken. In some recipes chickpeas is used as a filling for vegan salady sandwich.
However, seitan can be used in place of chicken but it is abit firm for chicken salad. Mix seitan with smashed chickpeas to get a perfect consistency.
For the dressing vegan mayo is used with some almond and celer for crunch, dill, garlic, scallions for flavor.
- Take a large bowl and chop vegetables, Seitan, grapes and apples.
- Take a small bowl and whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- The dressing is poured down on everything and mix it well. If needed season it with pepper and salt.
- It is a creamy, sweet and tangy salad which is super easy to make and nut-free. It contains full crispy fruits and vegetables. Vegan chicken salad is satisfying and a classic salad liked by everyone, especially kids.
Enjoy this salad with your friends and family.
How to store + Meal prep
- It can be stored in refrigerator in a covered container for more than 5-6 days.
- For meal prep this salad is great and can be stored in multiple use contaiers in serving size portions.
How to serve Vegan chicken salad
This is a versatile salad and served in many ways. To enjoy this delicious yummy recipe some of my favorite ways are
More Recipes of vegan chicken salad
Recipe # 1:
Chicken pea Tuna Salad
- Raw slivered almonds ½ cup
- Chickpeas can be drained and rinsed 15 ounce
- Celery ribs, diced small 2
- Red grapes, halved ½ cup
- Dried cherries ¼ cup
- Cashew Vegan Mayo ½ cup
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Take a food processor, until crumbly, pulse the slivered almonds, avoid powdering it or paste.
- Take the drained and rinsed chickpeas and add them to a food processor along with almonds and till flaky pulse a few times.
A few whole beans are left to avoid a smooth and pasty mixture.
- The mixture of almond and chickpeas are added to a large bowl and take celery, dried cherries, grapes, lemon juice, vegan mayo, pepper, and salt and mix them in a mixture.
- Put the mixture in the fridge till serving is ready. It has a life of more than five days. The mixture is served on a salad, bread with lettuce, or even on crackers.
- Chop the vegetables with a large knife till small if there is no food processor available. Take a large bowl and with the help of a potato masher or fork mash the potatoes until flaky.
The rest of the ingredients are added. The process is a bit easy with the help of a food processor.
- Omit the Almonds if you are allergic to them.
- Vegan Cashew Mayo is best to use; however, store-bought vegan mayo can be used.
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
- If you have an almond allergy, you can use sunflower seeds, pepitas and cashews or skip them; however, they add a nice flavour and crunch.
- You can use store-bought vegan mayo or Vegan Cashew Mayo
- Dried cherries from Trader Joe’s are useful as they are unsweetened and unsulfured however, any dried cherries, raisins or dried cranberries can be used.
Other summer potlucks dishes
- Potato salad
- Macaroni salad
- Vegan Egg salad
- The Best and Easiest Chickpea Tuna Salad
Recipe # 2:
Vegan Chicken Salad
It is homemade style vegan chicken salad made with almonds, tofu, onion, celery and raisins mixed in creamy vegan dressing.
The salad is protein-packed, delicious and is gluten and vegan free. It is excellent for wraps and sandwiches.
- Extra-firm tofu drained and processed 1lbs
- Finely chopped celery 1 cup
- Finely chopped red onion ½ cup
- Silvered blanched chopped onions ¼ cup
- Raisins ¼ cup
- Vegan mayonnaise 6 tablespoons
- Apple cider vinegar 2 tablespoons
- Maple syrup 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil 2 teaspoons
- Ground pepper ½ teaspoons
- Sea salt ½ teaspoons
- Dill ¼ teaspoons
- Turmeric a pinch
- Fresh parsley chopped 2 tablespoons
- Fresh dill chopped 2 tablespoons
- Take a medium to a large-sized bowl and crumble tofu into small pieces.
- Mix tofu with onions, almond and celery.
- Take another bowl and mix dressing ingredients: maple syrup, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, pepper, olive oil, dill and turmeric.
Sprinkle dill and fresh parsley on top, and another stirring is given to mixing everything.
- The dressing is added to the mixture of tofu and well stirred to combine.
- The salad lasts for 4-5 days in the fridge.
Using raw red onions in salads make it a bit intense, and this astringent flavour is removed by soaking the red onions in cold water before adding them.
In this article, we have discussed vegan chicken salad and the different recipes of his versatile salad. This easy summer and perfect fast meal are made, including all food ingredients, oil and gluten-free, and taste yummy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I eat cold chicken salad?
It is safe to eat cold chicken salad; however, it should be eaten in 2-4 days and should be safe to eat.
2. Is it safe to eat a salad every day?
It is enriched with minerals and vitamins, the level of powerful antioxidants increases in your blood if eating a salad regularly.
Why eating salad is bad for you?
Dressings are often full of sugar and full of unhealthy fats and preservatives and sometimes contain additives like fried ingredients, dried fruits and noodles.