This is a real whole cranberry sauce recipe.it is a very fresh and simple homemade cranberry sauce. cranberry sauce must deserve a place on your table but I think we should replace the canned cranberry sauce with homemade sauce because we should need to make fresh things if we got time all the time canned things didn’t have much taste.
Don’t overthink that it will take a time to make it just a simple and easy recipe that didn’t take much time. This sauce just needs some ingredients and boom your recipe is done. You will never buy the canned cranberry sauce again once you made it in the home.it is so much easy and to make.
Ingredients you need into Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- If you have fresh berries that are good if you don’t have fresh then use package frozen cranberries (about 3 cups)
- light brown sugar 1 1/2 cups
- Take one cup of fresh orange juice always use only fresh (from 2 large oranges)
- kosher salt
Fresh cranberry sauce method
- First step: combine the ingredients in a pan. Add orange juice, cranberries, brown sugar, white sugar, orange juice, orange zest.
- Second step: make the mixture boil and reduce heat.cook until berries boils.
- Third step: boil the mixture for about 10 to 12 minutes until cranberries become brust.
- Last step: now cool the sauce for 2o minutes until it becomes thicker. Some cranberry sauce recipes didn’t use orange juice just use water but I recommend use juice because it gives a good taste.
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Potassium: 104mg
- Calories: 159kcal
- Vitamin C: 7mg
- Sugar: 37g
- Vitamin A: 500IU
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Serving: 1serving
Best tips for storing cranberry sauce
If you want to keep this sauce for more than 15 days so focus on these tips.
- When you used this sauce do not use other food to touch this sauce jar like never cross-contaminate.
- Do not use the used utensils in this sauce like always wash the utensils before using in this cranberry sauce.
- Always put in the refrigerator.
How can we make the cranberry sauce thicker?
When we are going to make our homemade cranberry sauce, just Simmer your berries a lot until become thick. Always keep in mind when you are making the sauce the sauce will be runnier while it was hot but after cooling it becomes thicker.
Can we make cranberry sauce in advanced?
Yes we can make cranberry sauce in advance we just need to be sure we are packing the sauce in airtight box.
Can we freeze cranberry sauce?
Yes we can freeze the sauce up to 3 months just leave the 1 inch gap on top expansion then when you want to use just rewarm and use it.
What can we make from the leftover homemade cranberry sauce?
We can makes manything from leftover sauce here is some idea which is given below:
- Use in a fruit smoothie and also spread on a cream cheese
- Make a barbecue sauce and also use it as a dip in a sticks or chicken nuggets.
- Use in a breakfast oatmeal.
- You can add it on cheese cake or layer the cream cheese or cheaz slice over crackers.
- Spread in a turkey sandwich or swirl in a salad.
- Serve with pork chops or with rotisserie.
How can we say that the cranberry sauce is bad?
If you see the sauce smell like alcohol in a recipies or taste like a yeast so then its mean this sauce is bad if you think sauce smell is still good just taste it small you become to know.But keep in mind donot keep the sauce maximum 4 weeks without freezing.
Which berries we can use fresh or frozen or why we make the sauce in home?
You can use both berries if you find them fresh then use it if you find frozen then you can use it too because the taste of the both is same. On the other hand we are making the sauce in the home because it taste is better then canned one.
Cranberry sauce is a favorite. You can use it anytime of the year. If you want to make your cranberry sauce last longer you can also add salt or sugar. It can stay for 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator. You can also freeze it. It can last for a year in the freezer in a container.